~ From Hand & Needle ~

~ From Hand & Needle ~

~ She Seeketh Flax & Wool ~

~ She Seeketh Flax & Wool ~

~ BE YOUR OWN KIND OF BEAUTIFUL ~

~ BE YOUR OWN KIND OF BEAUTIFUL ~

January 2, 2016

~ 1832 Farm Animals Hooked Rug ~



                                     ~     Here is my rug. I put the last loop through, now to clip some snippets, press & bind! It's on a blanket in pics so it appears waving it's not.

                                        ~  I was inspired by the art of Magdalea Briner Eby. I dated it her birthday 1832. If your wondering, yes that is a blue cat in top left corner! I used many different blues for him, fun! I incorporated components from some of my other rugs & hand drew the sweet puppy on linen. I used my hand dyed wools. I don't know how big it is, but it is a big one! I will measure when I'm done pressing & binding. Already dreaming up another rug! Would you like to see it hung when I'm finished or are you bored?  Thank you for stopping by to say hi!
                                         
                                                                       Enjoy Your Day!
 

                                                                    ~ All My Best,
                                                                                   Kimberly

8 comments:

Myra said...

I would love to see it hung. What a beauty!

Simply Primitive said...

Yes, would love to see it hung. It is so nice!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'd LOVE to see it all done.
Gorgeous!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Beautiful!!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Kimberly, yes I agree, lovely hung up.Blessings Francine.

Cammie said...

Would love to see it hung!
Cammie

Carol Roll said...

So lovely!

Kimberly said...

Thank you ladies for all your kind comments! I will be taking a pic & posting! Wishing you all a very happy day! ~ All My Best, Kimberly